Outfit Status: It’s Complicated…

Happy Monday Loves!! I hope you all had lovely weekends! Mine was pretty amazing. My boyfriend and I went thrifting/antiquing on Saturday and pretended we were from out of town, determined to find random fun things to get into. (are we the only couple that does that? lol) We always have the best time when we do! We found so many cute pieces to use to decorate and we had lunch then went for an evening swim. It was so hot that day that the water felt like absolute heaven!! After we were done swimming, we ordered our fave supreme pizza and watched movies for the rest of the night. I’m getting better at “spontaneous fun”, because anyone who knows me, knows I need set in stone plans lol. Life can be so much more fun unplanned though 😉
As you can tell from the title of my post (my sister’s idea), it is with great trepidation that I decided to post this look! Don’t get me wrong, I love the skirt and I love the chiffon blouse, but I’m not in love with them together. I fell in love with this skirt a couple of weeks ago and I was so excited to style it and wear it! But after pairing it with basic tanks, a stripe tee, and finally this blouse, something about this look still doesn’t look cohesive to me…anyway, I decided to wear minimal jewelry and keep it simple with earrings and a statement necklace. So even though I almost didn’t post this, I did, because one of the purposes of my blog is to reflect real, everyday fashion and style and in the real world some days/looks are just complicated! Enjoy the pics!

Photo Credits: Diana A
What I Wore: Blouse:  TJ Maxx | Skirt & Sandals: Old Navy | Bag: Louis Vuitton Speedy | Jewelry: F21 necklace and Vintage earrings | Mani: Sally Hansen-Mellow Yellow |
How would you style this skirt loves? I’m considering returning it so I’d love to hear some suggestions from all of my stylish readers! 🙂
PS. If you haven’t already, please like and follow my Facebook page for more blog updates and quicker responses! I noticed a few of you already have, so thank you! If you have any suggestions of new things I can post on it, please let me know 🙂

1. June 19, 2012 / 3:34 AM

Great outfit! I love the purple and blue together. Great statement necklace too!

2. June 19, 2012 / 4:05 AM

this looks amazing! no trepidation necessary! beautiful.
    kw, ladiesinnavy

3. June 19, 2012 / 4:40 AM

i think it looks great together as is. the two colors work really well together. i think it would also be cute with some dots or stripes up top, and of course you can never go wrong with solid black or white…maybe something asymmetrical.

• June 19, 2012 / 5:23 PM

aww thank you!:) Would you believe I almost wore a striped top but decided against it? With all these suggestions I may just keep it now lol. thanks!

4. June 19, 2012 / 10:38 AM

I like the combination. You can always mix prints, the next time you wear the skirt. The skirt is cute, and I think it'll go well with a lot of colors. Like: pink, yellow and orange. You have to keep experimenting. Don't return it 🙂

• June 19, 2012 / 5:25 PM

thanks for the recommendations girly! I'm probably going to keep it now with all these awesome suggestions 🙂

5. June 19, 2012 / 11:08 AM

That skirt is gorgeous, and LOVE that blouse you paired it with – such an awesome color combo!

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

6. June 19, 2012 / 12:52 PM

The color combination is amazing, and that necklace is stellar!!

7. Anonymous
    June 19, 2012 / 1:29 PM

LOVE the way you styled this skirt!!! This outfit ROCKS! I love all the pieces together! Another idea is a white tank and same statement necklace. Thanks for sharing!

8. June 19, 2012 / 2:06 PM

I don't think this outfit is bad either.. Just a bit colourfull 😀 but that cheers me up 😉 I also really love the heavy gold statement necklace 🙂 x

• June 19, 2012 / 5:32 PM

thanks for your honesty Nikki! I love color too, but it is a bit colorful 🙂 thanks for stopping by my blog!

9. June 19, 2012 / 2:16 PM

I like it together. I have this skirt too and I just wore mine the other day http://flic.kr/p/ceGVuQ – I also think it would look really great with just a grey/navy/white tank – or even orange?

• June 19, 2012 / 5:34 PM

thanks C!! I went and looked and I love how you styled it!! I'm inspired now and with everyone's help I have some ideas for it now 😉 thanks for stopping by my blog!

10. June 19, 2012 / 7:07 PM

Don't worry my bf and I do that too sometimes. lol. That blouse is gorgeous on you, excellent colour. I really adore that necklace as well.

11. June 19, 2012 / 7:18 PM

Love your sheer purple blouse and your manicured nails

12. June 19, 2012 / 9:54 PM

Love the vibrants color and how the skirt tones down the color of the blouse–gorgeous combination doll 🙂

xoxo
    Stella

13. June 19, 2012 / 10:19 PM

I love the skirt! I would wear it with a sheer ivory shirt or chambray shirt tied up at the waist and wedges. Don't return it! And you're right, blogs are exactly for this purpose 🙂

14. June 20, 2012 / 1:24 PM

You look awesome woman! Love that blouse and your statement necklace. Your hair is super fab!!!