Crossroads

Hi Loves! So before I post a look to the blog, I like to send the pics to see what my Fiance thinks, and for this look, our conversation went a little something like this:
Me: What do you think about this look for the blog babe?
Him: Ummmm…it’s kinda doin a lot
Me: What?!? I love it! What do you mean?
Him: Really? Ok! I mean there’s just a lot going on…with the blue and black and white
Me:  It’s cream and black! and it’s not blue and chambray!
Him: Well it looks like blue, black, and white to me, it’s just kinda busy. But the girl wearing it is beautiful (good save! hahah!)
Me: Well I love it and you don’t like it, so looks like we’re at a Crossroads!! hahaha!
Well now y’all know, J doesn’t always love every look I post here! lol! (what does he know anyway? :P) Do you and your significant other every disagree about what’s stylish and what’s not?? Please share your story with me in the comments! I’d love to hear it!

Photographer: Diana A.
MY LOOK:
Vest: Old Navy
Chambray Shirt: Ralph Lauren-Thrifted
Belt: Thrifted
Skirt: Gap
Boots: Very old dont remember
Clutch: Vintage
Necklace: Rue21
Have a lovely day!

1. February 6, 2013 / 3:13 PM

You look awesome. There is a lot going on, but you really pull it all together and make it work. My husband often looks at some of my outfits and thinks they are a bit crazy, but I just wear what I love and makes me feel good. And like your fiance, he always thinks the woman wearing it is beautiful, even if he hates the outfit!

• February 6, 2013 / 11:25 PM

Thank you!! I do too! Some looks dont make sense to others but as long as you like it, thats all that matters 🙂 maybe all guys are like that lol

2. February 6, 2013 / 3:37 PM

"Ummm….. It's kind of doing a lot." Haha such a guy thing to say!

It is a lot, but you're pulling it off! 🙂

-Kris

The Kris Bliss

3. February 6, 2013 / 4:35 PM

ahahaha My husband has said that to me about once or twice! However, when I tell him the same thing I make sure he changes immediately!

Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

• February 6, 2013 / 11:27 PM

Oh my gosh me too!! J said when you dont love an outfift of mine you make me change!! Its not fair but it happens lol

4. February 6, 2013 / 4:45 PM

Not everyone could pull this outfit off, but you really do. Great job!!!!

5. February 6, 2013 / 5:14 PM

The outfit is very busy but well thought out. My husband tells me the same thing…I usually just smile, nod and do what I want anyway. Occasionally he will give a good suggestion that impacts my outfit choice!

-Karen

• February 6, 2013 / 11:32 PM

Aww thanks Karen!! I totally agree bc my fiance does have an eye for style but this is a time where I did like it and had to share lol

6. February 6, 2013 / 5:44 PM

hahaha you and your fiance are too funny! Well I like it! I love the vest over the chambray and cute with the long skirt! 🙂

xo – Sheila
    Enter to win $25 Giftcard!

7. February 6, 2013 / 8:18 PM

That is a boy thing to say, ha! I love it and think you look fabulous! I love the vest with the skirt, such a great idea!

8. February 6, 2013 / 8:57 PM

First off, you look so cute, as always 🙂 I love the safari look you've got going on.

Secondly, I have definitely had similar conversations with my husband. I always ask his opinion (he has great taste)and most of the time he likes what I wear. Every once in a while, when he doesn't like it, I'm confused about whether his opinion or mine is right. Honestly, I usually go with mine 🙂

• February 6, 2013 / 11:31 PM

Thanks Ashley! You always get where im going with looks! I promise i almost named this post Safari! I agree with you, my fiance has great taste and it sometimes does get confusing because I almost second guessed sharing this look but i HAD to go with mine 🙂

9. February 7, 2013 / 12:44 AM

Figure women understand style more than men do, so I never mind much when my BF doesn't quite understand an outfit I am wearing, hehe.

10. February 7, 2013 / 1:47 AM

It is a lot going on but I think you make it work and pull it off very well (not sure I could)! I love it – it looks great!

xo, Kenya

Kenya L Fashion Blog

11. February 7, 2013 / 3:20 AM

that maxi is fabulous on you!!!! the print paired with a olive green vest & chambray top is perfection!
    hmmmmm must check out our closets to try & recreate this look . . . . 🙂

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

12. February 7, 2013 / 4:03 AM

great print skirt and i love your highlights! awesome!!!

13. February 7, 2013 / 6:20 AM

I loved your whole outfit as I dress silimar and me and my fiance do not always agree but I love what I wear and rock it with confidence which is what u do. Im all about being different and unique.

• February 7, 2013 / 10:01 PM

thanks Drea, I'm glad you feel me! they don't have to love it as long as they love us and ALWAYS rock your looks with confidence 🙂

14. February 7, 2013 / 10:28 PM

i love the conversation! i agree with your better half that there is alot going on; however, you pulled it off and it works! thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment so i could make my way over to you;)

15. February 8, 2013 / 2:10 AM

Omg, the conversation between you and your fiance TOTALLY reminds me of my own conversations with my husband. I've learned now that when he doesn't like what I'm wearing, chance are I'm wearing something totally awesome. Guys just don't get it..lol. I LOVE your outfit here, so bright and happy and chic! And that skirt is gorgeous.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comments! Following you on GFC now. 🙂

Richa

16. February 20, 2013 / 12:04 AM

I love this look! My BF and I always disagree on style and he has actually agreed with me on something recently, "The weirder the better!"

-Jacqui, burgundywhispers.com