Tiffany Blue

Hi my loves! We’ve made it halfway through the week! 🙂 I find myself longing for longer days and warmer weather because even when the sun shines here in KY, it’s still freezing! I know I’m not alone lol. Anyway, I have a serious question y’all…
So I have had my DSLR since Christmas and I know that there is a learning curve in everything, (at least that’s what my honey says lol). But I have always been a perfectionist and I like learning, working hard, and seeing the results. I have been struggling with having consistent crisp pictures and I wanted to know if any of you who are photographers/enthusiasts had any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong or what I should try? I try and wait for that “magic hour” to shoot and when we do, my pictures look vibrant and sharp on the LCD of my camera, but by the time I transfer them over to my lifetime, they are grainy and dull. Does this happen to any of you? And if so, what do you do to fix this problem? I want to be able to provide you with vibrant, detailed, and sharp pictures consistently so ANY suggestions/recommendations/tips would be  appreciated! Feel free to comment or email me please! I will be indebted to you forever lol!
 Linking up with:
&

I am in LOVE with this statement necklace that I received from Crown + Glitter! It’s heavy enough so you know it’s great quality and I just love the shades of salmon, mustard, and raspberry. I know this piece will transition perfectly into the spring! If you love beautiful statement jewelry, then head on over and treat yourself .;)

Photographer: Diana A.
MY LOOK:
Blazer: Vintage of course lol (a spring-ier version)
Oxford Shirt: Thrifted (similar)
Jeans: Gap Skinny (similar)
Loafers: Target (loving these)
Bag: Vintage (similar)
Necklace: The Dahlia c/o Crown + Glitter (exact)
This Tiffany blue blazer is one of my absolute favorites! (i know y’all get tired of hearing me say that lol) But it’s made so well and its vivid color makes me crave spring weather even more!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

1. February 20, 2013 / 5:26 AM

I've not had that problem with my camera, although mine isn't actually a DSLR. I have the Sony Nex5N. But still, I'm not sure why it would be transferring over grainy like that. Would it be something in your camera settings? Maybe like how high of quality the cameras are set to save the pics as? Sorry I'm not much help!

Grainy photos or not, you look great in these pics! Love your new necklace and this vintage blazer!

xo, Jordan
    opal-and-violet.blogspot.com

• February 21, 2013 / 10:46 PM

aww thanks Jordan! i'm working on fixing the problem! so glad you still liked the looks 🙂

2. February 20, 2013 / 5:26 AM

LOVING the mix of colors here. The blues + pinks. You look FAB!!!

just love // kelly

3. February 20, 2013 / 6:12 AM

I hope you're able to get your DSLR questions answered. I wanted a DSLR but I got a Canon point and shoot with similar features that a Canon Rebel DSLR has. My husband also stated that the DSLR has a major learning curve and once I can master all of the ins and outs of my baby point and shoot, the plan is to upgrade later this year.

Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

• February 21, 2013 / 10:47 PM

thanks Chandra!! I totally understand, my trusty nikon point and shoot got me a long way but i am determined to conquer this bad boy lol

4. February 20, 2013 / 6:14 AM

Hi hopping around from the blog hop, loving the outfit, especially the shoes, cause I love pink. I love the hair as well. I am natural but I have so much problem with getting it to act right, lol. Check me out at http://fitandbeyond40.com

5. February 20, 2013 / 11:50 AM

That blazer is very pretty! I like the colors in this look…nicely done! Fab necklace 🙂

6. February 20, 2013 / 2:55 PM

Just stumbled upon your blog… so glad I did!
    Perfectly put-together outfit! 🙂

7. February 20, 2013 / 3:14 PM

What setting are you using on the camera? Usually that'll be the problem. It looks like the ISO might be wrong or you have it on portrait mode. If you set the ISO too high the photos will come out grainy.

If you have it on automatic this shouldn't be happening.

Love the colours in your outfit.

bisous
    Suzanne

• February 21, 2013 / 10:48 PM

thanks for ALL of your help and suggestions, including your email, Suzanne! you were such a major help! 🙂

8. February 20, 2013 / 4:00 PM

The color on that blazer is so nice. And that necklace is gorgeous. Great look girl.

9. February 20, 2013 / 4:14 PM

Love that blazer on you! What a pretty color.

Maybe the photos just look grainy at this size? Have you tried looking at them in smaller dimensions? Are you shooting in manual or automatic mode? Sometimes that can make a difference.

• February 21, 2013 / 10:49 PM

thanks Megan! I was shooting in manual with a very high iso and shutter speed, major nono won't do that again! haha!

10. February 20, 2013 / 5:19 PM

First off, cute blazer! The color is seriously so fabulous!

I'm no photography expert or anything, but if you are shooting in automatic mode they shouldn't be blurry. So strange 🙁 If you shoot in manual, your shutter speed might be too slow. You can raise the ISO higher and speed up the shutter to get them more crisp. Like I said, I'm no fancy photographer, but I learned manual on my DSLR by getting a "lesson" from my friend who is a photographer. I definitely couldn't have figured it out without her!

• February 21, 2013 / 10:50 PM

aww thanks Ashley! auto definitely guaranteed clear shots for me but I wanted to brave the manual world lol. i'm learning so much and i appreciate all of your help!

11. February 20, 2013 / 5:58 PM

I love this blue blazer on you. And your necklace is so pretty, love the colors!

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

12. February 20, 2013 / 8:51 PM

Ooh, this color looks great on you! What a fun,fresh, pop of color. Well done.

On the photog. tip, just keep playing around with diff settings and read your manual(I know, boring).

13. February 20, 2013 / 10:13 PM

I just want to wrap your entire outfit up and wear it for myself! I love the blazer and well everything 🙂

14. February 21, 2013 / 12:08 AM

Ooo I totally love the colors in this outfit! The Tiffany blue and soft blue look amazing together and I love how the necklace and pink shoes set off the blues beautifully!
    I wouldn't know what to tell you about the camera. I got my dslr for Christmas too and I definitely have lots of learning to do! I think your photos are always beautiful though!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

• February 21, 2013 / 10:55 PM

thank you so much Jessi! I totally understand, i'm learning so much and I guess trial and error is expected haha 🙂

15. February 21, 2013 / 2:11 AM

Love this look Chioma! Love the Tiffany blue blazer paired with the pink flats! You look so cute!

I'm no photo expert…. I have a DSLR and am still learning mine even after about 8 months of having it. But… I did recently switch to a fixed focus 50mm lens a few months back that has (in my opinion) definitely changed the clarity/quality of my photos.

xo, Kenya

Kenya L Fashion Blog

• February 21, 2013 / 10:55 PM

thanks so much Kenya! I have heard that from several bloggers, a new lens will be my next investment 🙂

16. February 21, 2013 / 2:11 AM

Love the colors! You look great. Sorry I have no camera advice. 🙁

17. February 21, 2013 / 3:01 AM

That color looks perfect on you! Blurry photos could be the result of a few things – shoot on auto until you get the hang of the tougher modes 🙂

xo, Courtney

girlavantgarde.com

18. February 21, 2013 / 3:04 AM

What a fun mix of bold colors you've got going here – you make me cross my fingers for spring!

19. February 21, 2013 / 3:00 PM

this blue is fantastic on you! pairing it with pops of pastels was genius!
    LOVE this look on you.

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

20. February 21, 2013 / 4:00 PM

Chioma, this is all kinds of fabulous! Turquoise is my favorite color, but I'm always hesitant to pair it with other shades of blue. This really looks grea

21. February 21, 2013 / 6:54 PM

This is s seriously stunning blazer!!!!!!

22. February 22, 2013 / 2:21 AM

ok that necklace is AMAZING. Seriously, I need it in my life.

I wish had photography advice for you but …I'm a total noob. I also have a DSLR. It is always on the no-flash part of the dial and that has worked the best for me. Since I take all my own pictures with a tripod/remote, I can't really mess around with all of the dials. no flash setting works for me!

23. mehul
    September 22, 2016 / 2:44 AM

good multimedia center. This runs conveniently on OS X, visit here obtainable on Amazon and they arrive pre-installed Kodi for Android nice.

24. mahi
    October 3, 2016 / 3:37 AM

good awesome points like brand fresh credit cards! website This will be done by means of an Android emulator. Clash Royale PC Install nice.

25. smith
    November 24, 2016 / 3:38 AM

good But it is normally certainly not the entire program. http://droid4xdownload.com android simulators like Bluestacks, Andy and Co-player. nice.