The Sweater Coat Phenom

Happy Wednesday loves! First off, I want to thank you for your sweet and supportive comments on my last post here, where I reflected on the magical moments of 2014! I never want to come across as having a perfect life in any shape or form. I have had some major trials and it’s by the grace of God that I’m still positive and excited for the new year!

I’m kicking off my first style post of 2015 with a cozy cardigan that is thick enough to be worn as a coat! Last week we experienced an unusually fall like day in the dead winter, so I decided to style this fun sweater coat over a plaid button down shirt, some dark skinny jeans, riding boots. This look was simple and relaxed yet I looked put together, which is usually my goal during the cold winter months.

Photography c/o my sister Diana

[ :: Wine Sweater Coat c/o Sheinside (similar, similar) :: Old Navy Plaid Button up (exact, similar, splurge) :: H&M Skinny belt (similar) :: Gap Curvy Skinny Jeans (similar) :: Forever 21 Tote Bag (similar) :: Target Riding boots (similar, similar, splurge) :: Fossil Boyfriend Watch (LOVE this one!!) :: ]
Come join in on all the fun!
And if you enjoyed reading this post, please feel free to PIN IT for reference & share it with others! 🙂

|  The Pleated Poppy  |  My Girlish Whims  |  Shopping in my Closet  |  Because Shanna Said So  |  The Mummy Chronicles  |  Pampers and Pearls  |  Two Stylish Kays  |  Thrifting Diva  |  Vintage Gwen  |  Style Honestly  |  Cappuccino & Fashion  |  Tucker Up  |  Mom’s Morning Coffee  |  Book of Leisure  |  Posh Pair  |  Pumps and Pushups  |  Get Your Pretty On |

Connect With C!

1. January 7, 2015 / 2:30 PM

I cannot get over how much I love your hair! It is so, so, so cute!

• January 8, 2015 / 6:35 PM

awww thank you so much Alissa! The wind was blowing my hair like crazy lol

2. January 7, 2015 / 4:17 PM

I LOVE that cardigan! The color of it is gorgeous! Don't you just love have such nice days in the dead of winter. It's been so cold here lately but today and yesterday it's been 66. It's so nice! 🙂

• January 8, 2015 / 6:34 PM

thank you so much Kacie! I do! We're currently experiencing 1 degree temps here. so I'm glad I took advantage last week lol

3. January 7, 2015 / 7:43 PM

love it all. those boots are to die for! cute facial expressions too!

4. January 8, 2015 / 12:46 AM

Very vibrant and refreshing look.

• January 8, 2015 / 8:18 PM

thanks so much Jen! I've been a fan of your blog for a while so it means a lot to me that you commented! 🙂

5. January 8, 2015 / 9:09 PM

Cool Boots! I have that same bag in black – such a handy accessory- holds everything and looks so much more expensive than it costs! Wishing you an awesome 2015! xo
    Tanaka
    Swankxtar Style Blog

6. January 9, 2015 / 4:09 PM

That color is gorgeous on you! Plus, love the plaid peaking through underneath. I'm going to have to check it out, I never can seem to find a plaid button down that fits correctly.

I also wanted to stop and let you know that the High Five for Friday link up has a new home! We'd love to have you as a part of it, this week or any time in the future! Have a great weekend 🙂

Caitlin @ Coffee with Caitlin
    coffeewithcaitlin.com

7. January 10, 2015 / 5:55 PM

What a cute jacket & I love the shape of your glasses on you!

michellespaige.blogspot.com

8. January 11, 2015 / 1:58 AM

Take advantage of every bit of warm weather you can get! I love the bright red mixed with the plaid.
    Chic on the Cheap

9. January 14, 2015 / 3:47 PM

Your coat cardi is TOO darn cute and I love how you styled it with the plaid and belt… also, such beautiful and warm colors!

10. January 14, 2015 / 4:48 PM

First, your hair is GORGEOUS!!! Second, that cardigan is BEAUTIFUL! Love the look — you look like you stepped out of a magazine. Thank you for linking up with the Thrift Sisters.

Thrifting Diva