Whirlwind

Hi loves! I’ve been having such a hard time shooting looks in this weird sunny but freezing and windy weather lately! Please bear with my photos, I will figure this out soon! 🙂
Today’s look features another incredible ankara maxi skirt that has stolen my heart. As a Nigerian American, ankara print has a special place in my heart. The vibrant color, the print, and meaning just speaks to me, so when my love Merry of Nomose Couture made this Oseme skirt (with a Versace inspired feel) for me and I tried it on, I fell in love. The Oseme high waisted maxi skirt features a thick quality cotton fabric, that is flattering to all shapes and did I mention it has pockets? That’s always a WIN in my book! She also custom made me the fabulous ankara full skirt I wore in this look last year. If you are looking for a well made beautiful ankara print item, whether it be a high waisted or hi-low skirt, a dress, or accessories, please check out her store!
I styled black accessories around the skirt to let it shine as the focal point. The leopard skinny belt added a fun pop of interest to cinch the look and the red lining of my bucket bag complemented the red notes in the skirt. Finally, I added gold jewelry and a vibrant red lip and the look was complete.
THE RUNDOWN

[ :: Forever 21 Moto Jacket (similar) :: Gap Button up shirt (similar) :: Oseme Maxi Skirt c/o Nomose Couture :: Target Leopard Skinny Belt (similar) :: Flats (similarvery similar) :: Vintage Gold pearl necklace (similar) :: Fave Lipstick :: Earrings :: Bucket Bag (similar red optionsplurge) :: ]

THE RUNDOWN

[ :: Forever 21 Moto Jacket (similar) :: Gap Button up shirt (similar) :: Oseme Maxi Skirt c/o Nomose Couture :: Target Leopard Skinny Belt (similar) :: Flats (similar, very similar) :: Vintage Gold pearl necklace (similar) :: Fave Lipstick :: Earrings :: Bucket Bag (similar,  red optionsplurge) :: ]

Come join in on all the fun!
Linked with:

|  The Pleated Poppy  |  My Girlish Whims  |  Shopping in my Closet  |  Because Shanna Said So  |  The Mummy Chronicles  |  Pampers and Pearls  |  Two Stylish Kays  |  Thrifting Diva  |  Vintage Gwen  |  Style Honestly  |  Cappuccino & Fashion  |  Tucker Up  |  Chic Street Style  |  Mom’s Morning Coffee  |  Book of Leisure  |  Posh Pair  |  Pumps and Pushups  |  Get Your Pretty On | Lisa A La Mode | Classy Yet Trendy |

Are you loving ankara print items? If so, what pieces do you own?

1. January 28, 2015 / 5:51 PM

I understand the wind – it is a pain! The sun can be so deceiving, but you captured some great pictures! So pretty.

Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

• January 29, 2015 / 5:58 AM

you are absolutely right! i try to wait for cloudy or partly cloudy days but I get outside and the sun is blaring, it's been so deceiving. ughhh lol. thank you so much Lisa! 🙂

2. January 28, 2015 / 7:05 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this look. That jacket and bag is EVERYTHING! I'm a new fan of Ankara print and rocked it recently on the blog, can't wait to snag a few more pieces.

xoxo,
    Naja

• January 29, 2015 / 5:59 AM

thank you Naja! both are Forever21 😉 i love how much Ankara print makes a look stand out and you never have to worry about anyone looking like you haha! 🙂

3. January 28, 2015 / 8:36 PM

That skirt is fab!!! Love this look!

xo,
    Katie
    iamkatgolden.com

4. January 28, 2015 / 10:21 PM

I love ankara because it always looks beautiful, no exception. I keep staring at you in this outfit…in love! I want ALL OF IT. btw, the photos still look great.

5. January 29, 2015 / 12:38 AM

It's gorgeous! I'm a big ankara fan myself. Love all of the beautiful fabrics. You look fabulous. I love the moto jacket too!

6. January 29, 2015 / 4:24 AM

I love that skirt. The print is so vibrant and lively; it's beautiful. I love how you downplay other aspects of the outfit to let it shine! & at first, I thought your bag was Mansur Gavriel (that's a ridiculous splurge…that I wish I could afford!!) and love the red lining!

Yvonne
    Dear Sunny

7. January 30, 2015 / 6:19 AM

Oh man, this outfit is on *point*. I had to stare at it for a solid minute and just soak in how good it is. I love love love that you styled the tribal maxi with such sleek, black pieces. It's a beautiful maxi, but you managed to somehow make it flow with the outfit and not dominate it. I also love the shearling detailing in the leather jacket- I think that helped soften the look, too. Arg I just love this so much!! Amazing styling, as usual 🙂

xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

8. January 31, 2015 / 1:55 PM

Gorgeous skirt! It looks great with that jacket!

9. February 4, 2015 / 6:19 AM

Yes… that is one GORGEOUS skirt! Everything about this outfit is RIGHT! Love it. Also, your photos look fine. A little wind is needed for a diva..lol. You look beautiful as usual.

Thank you for joining the Thrift Sisters link up.

Thrifting Diva