Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

Happy Tuesday loves! I hope your weekends were absolutely amazing! In today’s look, your girl is showing her tummy off  in a fun frilled sleeve denim crop top with white jeans and I feel fabulous about it! It’s not flat or tight like I’d like but it will get there and I won’t spend my summer beating myself up about my body when I can enjoy it and still be beautiful and have fun! This look paired with a fun panama hat and sandals is perfect for a day date with your bae, shopping and drinks with your girlfriends, or to sit pretty on a boat. I styled gold accessories and a leopard clutch because as far as I’m concerned, they are neutrals.

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

It’s been quiet here over the last week and let me tell you why. Last week was absolutely bonkers, we were working on projects around the house while house hunting (Crazy right?!), I  was working on multiple projects at work and we were preparing to travel home to MS for my little sister’s graduation this past weekend.

With all of that, I was experiencing a bit of discontentment in the content I’ve been creating, my stats, and lack of comments/engagemet. There are still days where I think I’m posting photos to myself and talking to myself and I wonder why my numbers/readers aren’t growing here on the blog or on my social media accounts like my counterparts. I find myself questioning why I still do this. Is it still fun for me and why are certain opportunities not coming my way?

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

I understand that blogging is not my full time job and though sometimes I dream of it becoming that, right now it isn’t. I’m a full time higher ed professional, full time wife, and I don’t get to spend my day having photo shoots or uploading photos or the right curated content to my social media and in that I don’t get that growth I want. I think I’m struggling with the idea of what I want this space to be and to grow into. It’s been 5 years and I may be at a crossroads and I don’t want to compromise myself or sacrifice my peace in any way for more likes and comments but I do want to figure out what you as a reader like seeing and reading on my blog and social media so that I can blend that in with what I love doing, which is creating fun stylish looks from pieces I own and love to inspire myself and you. My goal is to create looks that work for the stay at home woman and the working woman and to encourage her to love herself and have confidence from the inside out. And I don’t want to stray away from that.

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

In a time where click-bait is the new black and people are compromising their values for likes and popularity, it’s hard to stay steadfast and authentic to what I started but I really want to fight my tendencies to compare myself to other bloggers, other women, other wives. So when I feel like I can’t take anymore, I completely disengage, I don’t get on social media, I don’t post to my blog so that I can have peace in my REAL life and recenter my focus on what I know to be true in my life. Do any of you ever find yourselves comparing yourselves to others and needing to unplug completely or for a while?

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

Frilled Sleeve Denim Crop Top + White Jeans

Photography by Jonah Brown

[ :: Crop top- Zara (fun option) :: White Jeans – Old Navy (similar) :: Sandals- Target (similar, splurge) :: Clutch c/o (similar) :: Panama Hat :: Sunglasses c/o :: Earrings :: Watch c/o Daniel Wellington :: Fit-bit :: Earrings– H&M :: Lipstick :: ]

SHOP THE LOOK BELOW:

Please do me a favor loves and comment/email me at csevolutionofstyle@gmail.com with what you like seeing on my blog whether it’s fashion, food, music, lifestyle or all of the above? I want to create content that engages and inspires you!

Thank you so much for your continued support of this space!

Have fabulous day!

1. Nicole N
    May 16, 2017 / 1:34 PM

I love your content and always get so excited when that email pops up that you’ve got a new post up. Of all the blogs I follow your style is closest to what I already wear yet still so inspiring. Keep up the good work! 🙂

• Chioma
      May 17, 2017 / 11:01 AM

Thank you so much Nicole! That truly makes my day. I’m so glad I can inspire you and that we have similar taste 😉 I am going to try and keep on pushing!

2. May 16, 2017 / 4:05 PM

Love your outfit. You look great! And yes, I too think about the same things from time to time. Every day I have to remind myself to go at my own pace. If I don’t, I’ll go crazy. Hang in there…xo!

~Whitney

• Chioma
      May 17, 2017 / 11:02 AM

Thanks Whitney! I hope you’re doing well! It can totally make you go crazy, unplugging every once in a while is a must when I stop feeling inspired and want to compare myself to all the seemingly fab things others are doing.

3. May 16, 2017 / 8:05 PM

Yes…I feel like that a lot. It’s really hard in blogging not to play the comparison game. I’m doing my best to stay focused on my own goals (not what others are doing) and keeping those goals manageable. It’s slow but you’re right to not compromise yourself. I feel like once that happens, blogging won’t be the joy/outlet it once was.

I will say, I’m happy to see your style posts back on the link-ups. I’ve found you a few times that way and every time your outfit stands out to me for the fun prints and bright colors! Keep it up girl, there are people out here!

Virginia | More to Mrs. E

• Chioma
      May 17, 2017 / 11:03 AM

Hey Virginia! Thank you for such thoughtful and sweet words! Some days are way better than others but it’s so hard to look at other bloggers/women and wonder why I’m not there yet with all my hard work ya know? Readers like you are what encourage me to keep going. Thanks again! 🙂

4. May 16, 2017 / 10:59 PM

What a cool top, Chioma. I love blue chambray paired with white denim. You always rock a fedora, too.

Hope you enjoyed Mother’s day weekend! I welcome you to stop by my blog and join my Thursday Moda linkup on Thursdays. It goes live every Wednesday night (tomorrow) at 6.00 PM EST. Thank you. =)

Ada. =)

• Chioma
      May 17, 2017 / 11:03 AM

Thanks so much Ada!

• Chioma
      May 17, 2017 / 11:42 AM

Hi Autum! Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! I’d love for you to stay a while 🙂

5. May 17, 2017 / 12:44 PM

First of all, I love your look! I’m always a happy camper when it’s time to break out the white denim, and you styled it amazingly with the cropped chambray top.
    Second of all, I feel you with the blogging dumps! It is frustrating to put time and effort into content and then not get the response you were hoping, or feel like you have to sell out in order to grow. I think your content is great because your personal style and personality really shows through in your posts!
    As far as what I like to see on fashion blogs, I really like work style. I love seeing how people bring trends to the office and dress professionally while also being a little unique. Stay strong, girl!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

• Chioma
      May 18, 2017 / 5:04 PM

Thank you so much for the encouragement Kristin! It’s bittersweet and comforting to know I’m alone in feeling this way. I truly appreciate your support and sweet words and I will definitely work on styling more work outfits 🙂

6. May 17, 2017 / 11:28 PM

I absolutely love your top.

• Chioma
      May 18, 2017 / 5:03 PM

thank you Nailil! 🙂

7. Diana Anosike
    May 18, 2017 / 7:08 AM

Don’t compromise sis! Your blog is the bomb and super inspiring!!! Keep staying true to yourself and posting quality content!

• Chioma
      May 18, 2017 / 5:03 PM

Thank you sis! It is easy to get discouraged when there is completely silence and seemingly no growth. But I will keep on pushing and staying authentic 🙂

• Chioma
      May 26, 2017 / 11:59 AM

Thank you Elise! Chambray is one of my favorites to style and I love coming up with new ways 🙂

• Chioma